We all want to have supermodel skin.
There’s a lot of individuality involved in skincare and no one method, product or process is going to work for everyone. But there are some things you can do to generally improve the look and feel of your skin.
Jennifer Chiu gives us some great tips on things you can do to change up your routine and improve your skin. Check it out:
- Many models cleanse their face 2-3 times per day.
- Of course, this will depend on your skins sensitivity and dryness level. I know cleansing my face more than twice in one day tends to dry my skin out, so keep that in mind.
- Use Glycolic Acid (AHA)
- This product can be used to remove dead skin cells, as Jennifer says in her video, but it can also treat acne, combat the signs of aging, minimize dark spots and pores, and treat ingrown hairs (according to InStyle).
- Get ahead of breakouts
- Use products to prevent the pimple from even becoming an issue. I tend to think it’s easier to prevent pimples from getting huge by taking proactive steps than to try to reduce and erase a huge, red, angry zit.
- Apply masks
- Hallelujah! This is one of my favorite rituals. It’s definitely worth the time and money to have a good mask. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Mix products
- I totally agree with Jennifer. I mix it up, try new things when the products I love aren’t working for me. If I take some time away and then come back to my faves the tend to work again. Maybe our skin just gets in a rut and we have to jump start it with some new stuff to see results. But definitely try mixing new products and using two products you love separately, together because you might be surprised to find you like them even more.
- Ah, Vaseline. It’s good for everything. You can use it for chapped lips, dry skin, for a dewy look to your foundation, and so much more. I even heard that if you use it with a spooly on your eyelashes that it will encourage hair growth. I think I tried it out a few times but not long enough to see if it actually worked. Has anyone else heard that? Did you try it out? Did it work> Cause mama can you some thicker eyebrows and fuller lashes!
- Don’t forget your hands
- I’m guilty! I rarely moisturize my hands but Jennifer is so right! I can’t tell you how many times I see beautiful women with gorgeous skin, you’d think they were 10 years younger than they actually are…but their hands give away their age. Or worse, make them look older than they are! Ah! You heard her, boys and girls, don’t forget to moisturize those hands!
I hope you enjoyed learning these secret skin tips with me. Let me know what your secret recipe for beautiful skin is! Talk to you soon!