Baby, it’s cold outside.
Seriously, it’s really cold outside as I write this post. I can feel my skin drying out as we speak! I’m gonna need some TLC to keep from getting little dry patches all over my face. During winter I really step up my moisturizing game. But one of my absolute favorite things to do is sit in front of the tv after putting my son to be with a face mask on to cap off the night. It’s relaxing and makes me feel like I’m doing something really great for my skin.
Lately, I’ve been really wanting to get the Farmacy Honey Potion but it is quite pricey so I’ve been holding off. Of course, I need to see some reviews and get some information the product so I can feel completely guilt free in purchasing it.
I came across this great review by Gothamista on the Farmacy honey mask and another I’d never heard of named the I’m From Honey Mask. The Farmacy Honey Potion is more expensive than the I’m From Honey Mask so I’m excited to see which product Gothamista call the winner of her smackdown.
From the start of this review, I am amazed by Gothamista knowledge of the benefits of honey as an ingredient, its history, and its uses. Additionally, as she gets further into her review, her impressive knowledge on the different ingredients and the manner in which their cultivated is truly amazing. I instantly trust her opinion and want to watch all of her videos right now. (This is the first video I’ve watched from this Youtuber, but will certainly not be the last.)
Why is honey so great:
- Speeds up healing and prevents infection
- Antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, & antifungal
- Natural antioxidant, great anti-aging treatment
- Naturally acidic making it hard for bacteria to grow, making this a great treatment for acne
- Humectant (retains moisture)
- Gives skin hydrated volume to fill in fine lines and wrinkles
I have to say I firmly believed the Farmacy Honey Potion had this one in the bag. I love the Farmacy and other reviews on this product I’ve seen are amazing. But after watching the full video from Gothamista, the I’m From Honey Mask is the clear winner.
- The ingredients- The I’m From Honey Mask is comprised of 38.7% pure honey. The Farmacy Honey Potion’s first 3 ingredients aren’t even honey extracts.
- The cost- The Farmacy Honey Potion is almost twice the price of the I’m From Honey Mask (depending on where you purchase it from).
- Packaging- I really love the Farmacy packaging. It’s so cute. I would love to display it on my vanity top. But the small opening and wide base will really hinder your ability to dig down to get every last drop of your honey potion. The I’m From Honey Mask packaging is not ugly, by any means. But it certainly lacks the cuteness of the Farmacy packaging. But the functionality of the packaging more than makes up for the small difference in attractiveness.
- The result- When I use a mask, I want to feel like a glowing goddess with plump and supple skin. Gothamista says that following the Farmacy mask her skin doesn’t feel all that hydrated. But the I’m From Honey Mask gives her a youthful glow and soft, velvet-ty skin. Gothamista does recommend the Farmacy Honey Potion from those with oily skin, and the I’m From Honey Mask for those with dry skin (that’s me!).
I am really interested in this I’m From Honey Mask. I really want to try it. I’ve never purchased products from the Memebox website, however. I’ve never heard of this brand, I’ve never shopped on this site, and to be perfectly honest the site doesn’t have the right name in the purchase area (the photo is of the product but the name to the right is incorrect) which doesn’t exactly give me a good feeling about the reliability of the site.
I’ve looked up the product on Google and Amazon and see it being sold other places, but at higher prices. Hmmm…
Have you used this product? Or even this brand? What was your experience? What about Memebox? Can I trust this site. I’m trusting you ladies to give me some insight into your experiences here because I want a honey mask asap! Let me know your thoughts. Talk to you soon.